Thursday, April 10, 2008

We had our visit from the Help Me Grow people yesterday. I'm actually kind of disappointed with them. They advised me that they would evaluate every aspect, not just his speech. However, they seemed to evaluate everything, but his speech. They were here for about 1.5 hours and spent less than 5 minutes on speech issues. She said in every other way he is an average 18-24 mo old kid. It was nice to get that reassurance. The counselor will write a report and our case worker will come out and go over it in detail with us. They are recommending speech therapy, but only because I'm concerned. If we choose to go ahead with it, yet another person will come out to evaluate him and get him going on a plan. He's been doing so well with picking up new words, I don't know if we'll go through with speech therapy. I think he's just going at his own pace. I guess we'll wait and see exactly what the report says.
On a happier note, Ben has been much less cranky that he was last week. He seems to be getting back to himself.

More bubble fun...

No comments: