Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Not a runner

I had a doctors appointment this morning. I am 17weeks and 1 day. So far everything is looking good. For the most part I've been feeling better, so over the weekend I decided to try running again. I haven't run since I've been feeling so lousy. Lets just say it did not go well! I mentioned it to my doctor and she has officially banned running for the rest of the pregnancy. Anything that gets my heart rate over 150 is also off the list. She threw in a comment about my age, but I'm just ignoring it and pretending this is the standard for all pregnant women. She also asked if I wanted a tubal with this c section---YES PLEASE!!! She informed me that tubals done with pregnancies are less effective than if I did it at any other time. Haven't figured out why that is yet, but that doesn't instill a lot of confidence. She also dashed any hopes of removing any other potentially cancerous parts for fear of bleeding to death! Kind of a bummer of an appointment. The only plus is that I was able to schedule my ultrasound (the one that tells us the gender) for June 7th (great b-day present)!

Ellie showing off her crazy hair:
Enjoying our short lived warm weather:
I should clarify the removing cancerous parts comment. Since its so common in my family, I was hoping to take out some non essential parts to avoid any potential, future health scares. I have no current cancer concerns!

No comments: