Tuesday, August 30, 2011

He's 5

Ben got up yesterday and forgot it was his birthday! How does a 5year old forget its his birthday especially when thats all he's talked about for 2 weeks??? I guess if anyone could do that, its Ben! I'm trying to ignore the fact that my baby is becoming a big boy and focus on the fun he's been having the past few days. My parents were not able to make his party on Saturday, so they stopped over Sunday for presents and cup cakes. We had to keep the party going till Monday because aunt Corrie finally came home after her long summer in Idaho. We had more cake and more presents from her and Gram. I think Ben is starting to take after uncle A with his week long birthday celebrations!
Benjamin Scott August 2006
One of the things Ben mentioned he wanted to do was to go by the water and look for boats. The catch was he only wanted to go with dad. I swallowed my pride and told him I thought that was a good idea. They took binoculars and spent some quality time together checking out the view and walking by the lake. It looks like they had a lot of fun.
Benjamin Scott August 2011

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday, Ben!!