Friday, November 23, 2012

Busy day with snacks

We had a great Thanksgiving yesterday.  We relaxed, watched football, went through the black Friday adds and headed over to Aaron and Prastis for dinner.  As always the food was great! 
Last night Corrie and I headed to Target to get some deals. It opened at 9pm.  We got there around 9:30 to avoid the rush and were pleasantly surprised at how well the trip went.  It was busy, but not overwhelming.  They had plenty of inventory, plenty of sales people to answer questions and even though the check out line went the length of the store and around the corner as well as zig zagging through the beauty section, we were through it in less than 10 minutes!  I was home just over an hour after I left and I picked up/dropped off Corrie.  Not bad!  
Originally, I planned to boycott Thanksgiving shopping.  It kills me that its becoming more about stuff and less about the holiday for some people.  However, I had a decent list of things to get there, most of what I wanted was on sale, I had a (semi) willing partner in crime, I wasn't ditching my kids to go (Jon was happy to have some video game time) and while I know that change starts with one person standing their ground, in this case the public has spoken and they want Thanksgiving Day shopping.  Me missing out on saving money isn't going to keep the stores closed next Thanksgiving.  So I went and I had fun!

Ben proclaimed today a busy day with snacks.  We made some cookies--chocolate chip with M&M's for the boys and with out for Jon.  Jon made some home made Chex.  We baked a pumpkin pie to go with our dinner--Thanksgiving part 2.  We love spending the holiday with family, but we really miss the leftovers.  Its become a tradition for Jon to cook our own Thanksgiving dinner so we can have some too.  The big tradition is to put up the Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving.  Along with rearranging the living room and bringing up a bunch of boxes from the basement, we've been decorating.  Of course we have football to watch and lots of playing to do.  Its been a good kind of busy.




No comments: