Tuesday, April 9, 2013

No crying in soccer

Sams first soccer game of the "spring" season was on Saturday.  We started the day with an epic tantrum.  After weeks of excitement about his first game, he decided about 30minutes before we were going to leave that he was no longer excited about playing soccer.  We went back and forth about staying home and skipping the game, but decided since we paid for it, he was playing.  Jon threw him in the car kicking and screaming.  It was awesome!  
As soon as we got there he and Jon started kicking the ball and he decided he loved soccer again.  The kid is awesome. Every time he was on the field he had a huge smile on his face. He even scored a goal.  I didn't get many pictures because Zach and I were playing the I'm taking off my gloves over and over and throwing them on the ground while its 20 degrees outside game.  
Sams team won big.  I think the final score was 7-1.  By the end of the game two players from the other team started crying after each goal.  It was kind of sad, but a little funny too!  As we were walking to the car I asked Sam if he had fun.  He did.  I asked if he was ready for his game next week.... "NO, its hard!"

No comments: