Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Nap time fail

A couple years ago, Prasti made Ben a gift.  It was a jar full of colored rice and little do dads inside like a button, a bell, a tiny dinosaur and so on.  The goal was to see how many things you could find in the jar.  It was sealed really well and has lasted a long time.  Yesterday, it died.  
I went upstairs to check the babies during nap time and this is what I found.  Rice was everywhere.  In both beds, behind the crib, under the rugs and all the way to the closet.  It took an hour to vacuum it all up and I'm still finding more rice.  
This is all that was left in jar until Sam picked it up and dumped it all  over the living room!
The reason I went upstairs to check on the babies was I heard a thud and some crying.  Before I even noticed the rice, I was greeted by Zach....the kid who is supposed to be "locked up" in the crib.  He has been in the crib for a month and he's already learned how to fall out of it!  After almost 7 years, we have finally converted the crib to a day bed for Ellie.  She loves it.  All she could say was, Ellies bed is pretty!"
This opened up the toddler bed for Zach.  Yes, the kid with no hair is Zach.  I've been telling Jon I want to cut his hair, but we kept forgetting or we run out of time.  Jon grabbed him last night and got it done.  He walked downstairs with a new baby who looks like a 3 year old.  
I was kind of surprised he went to bed so easily.  Jon laid him down and he didn't make a sound.  However, I was pretty positive that when I got them up today the room would be destroyed.  
Update: I checked on them last night to find they switched beds.  Zach got Ellies pretty bed!  The room actually wasn't in too bad of shape this morning.  The only real "damage" was the lotion that Ellie poured out all over herself, the bed and her sheet!

No comments: