Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Now you see it....

When we were first looking at the house, I noticed the walls had a lot of finger prints on them.  It was pretty clear that the people living here before us weren't neat freaks so the finger prints seemed like they belonged. We got the keys and I got to work with my magic erasers.  They took off all the fingerprints, but left behind some residue.  I washed the residue off, but it still left marks.  It turned into way too much work.  After really checking the walls out, we realized they used a flat paint. Why would anyone use a flat paint?  I've been staring at walls that were accumulating Purdum fingerprints for the past few weeks and I convinced Jon to repaint the house.  He wasn't thrilled, but he loves me!  
We finished the downstairs last night.  It looks so much better and smudges wipe right off with nothing left behind. Its amazing how much something little like paint changes everything.  We'll probably start the upstairs this weekend and then maybe take a whole night off to rest before we start the deck!
Clean walls with no little finger prints staring at me.  I love it!

1 comment:

MOM said...

Amen! They used flat paint here and Tony repainted our bathroom a few months ago...what a difference. No water marks, no smudges.