Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Long day

Ellie officially started potty training yesterday.  She's wanted to wear big girl underwear for a long time now. She's gone in the potty a few times before (not recently though).  I thought we'd give it a try and see how it goes. Girls are supposed to do it earlier than boys right?  We let her pick out some underwear, we got stickers, treats and a bunch of little prizes for her.  The morning started awful.  I had her trying every 15 or 20 minutes.  She didn't pee in the potty one time.  She would sit there, do nothing, get dressed and then have an accident about a minute later. She had a total of 5 accidents before lunch.  I had to do laundry because I was afraid we were going to go through the whole pack.  After nap time, I had her trying every 10-15 min. The girl must have my bladder.  She never went on the potty, but she didn't have any accidents.  I guess thats a success?  Praying that day 2 is a little more dry than day 1.

No comments: