Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Musicians

I never learned to play an instrument as a kid and now I wish I had.  I told Jon I wanted to learn either piano or guitar.  Apparently, I'm going to learn both!  Jon also wants to learn the guitar and his dad just happened to have 2 guitars he isn't using.  He dropped them off this weekend and is going to let us borrow them for a while.
Jon also had a coupon for guitar center who was running a sale on keyboards.  So we picked one up over the weekend. Jon has spent more time on the guitar and I've been on the keyboard more.  I think we're both making pretty good progress.
Of course who would be satisfied with a guitar and keyboard when you can have a banjo too?  After hearing David Crowder do a hoedown at a recent concert, Jon was sold on learning the banjo too.  He found a really nice one and it was delivered yesterday.  Its actually really cool.  I like it a lot more than I thought I would.  He taught himself most of a song in about 2 hours.  Its going to be even louder over here.  We might need to buy the neighbors some earplugs!

No comments: