Tuesday, April 5, 2016

He pulled a fast one

My car is falling apart...literally.  The bottom is full of rust and pieces fall off all the time.  Its not going to last much longer.  We know we have some big repairs coming and when its time for them, it just wont be worth it to fix it. We've been holding off for as long as possible so we could save as much as possible.
Jon had his car for 12 years.  We loved his car and we knew we'd have a bigger repair coming soon, but after taking it in for an oil change last week, we learned it was much worse than we thought.  We were given an estimate of $2500 and close to another $2500 coming up shortly after that.
We decided to get Jon a new car.  We went with a lease. That wouldn't have been our first choice, but a lease cuts the payments almost in half so we'll still have a few bucks to put aside for when my van dies.
He got another Subaru.  I have to admit, its pretty awesome and I'm totally jealous!  On the plus side, I've already driven it almost more than he has so I guess I can last a little bit longer in my rusty van.

No comments: