Monday, August 1, 2016

1st day

Its that time again!  Since the public schools start really early this year, I thought we would too.  Ellie and Zach were very happy about this.  I compromised with Ben and Sam.  I told them we wouldn't do anything math related until next week. That seemed to make them happy.  I'm confused on that one though because they both really like math!
Zach is technically in pre-k this year.  However, the boy loves to learn and has already passed Ellie on basic things like counting, letters and their sounds and at 4, he can tell time!  He and Ellie will be doing pretty much the same things this year.
The kids still seem to love homeschooling.  Ellie thought she might want to try out public school for kindergarten, but with her issues, we all decided home was the way to go for her.  Shes actually the one who has been asking to start school for the past week.
We relaxed things a bit last year and plan to do more of that this year.  I really like the unschooling philosophies and we're leaning that way for this year.  As long as I can keep my type a personality out of the way, I think this could be really fun for all of us.
We have a math curriculum for the older two only because they both requested it.  We'll continue to go through some books they like and we have plenty of things around here (in and out of the house) to keep us busy and the learning happening.
Ellie and Zach will continue to work on recognizing upper and lower case letters.  We'll work on writing more than their names and I have a feeling Zach will be reading before the year is over.
If you can't read the what I want to be comments, all three boys picked you tubers.  They are dying to have their own channels.  Ben also picked a plumber.  I have no idea where that came from, he's never mentioned anything plumbing related before.  Just like last year, Sam also chose to be a mechanic.  Ellie, of course, stuck with princess!

No comments: