Monday, February 16, 2009

Progress?

We are half way through our bathroom remodeling project. I know it will be worth it, but I have to say this sucks right now! I miss our heated toilet seat. I miss being able to take a shower when ever I want. I miss being able to leave the house in the middle of the day. I miss our upstairs. I miss being able to get into our closet room. I really miss Bens naps. I was so looking forward to having our bathroom back on Friday. The work will be done, but its just going to sit there teasing us for 2 more days. We can't use the shower until Monday. We have to wait to make sure everything is set and dry. 6 more days!
They are actually making a lot of progress. After gutting the bathroom, we now have a new glass block window, a fake wall, a dropped ceiling, the tub is in, we now have a light/fan combo in our shower with a vent out the side of the house, new wiring, drywall and new plumbing (part of which had to be moved to accommodate a larger tub).

Unfortunately, with all the noise, naps have been few and far between making Ben extra cranky these days. Luckily, he's been able to grab a couple cat naps here and there.
Sound asleep in bed, a wonderful sight!
Play time with Sam.

1 comment:

Corrie said...

Bathroom looks like it's coming along! It'll be so nice once it's complete.

Ben looks adorable all cuddled up next to you, poor kiddo.