Saturday, October 3, 2009

We did it

Today was the big race day. Lindsey and I ran our first 5k. Way back when, the goal was to run it in under 30minutes. As the race got closer, my best time was just over 31minutes and it killed me. I told myself 32ish minutes would still be respectable, but I was a bit bummed I wouldn't hit the goal. Well, we didn't finish in under 30minutes, but we were close. We had our best run ever and clocked in at 30:49. My boys came up and were my much needed cheering section. It was actually more fun than I thought it would be, even though we FROZE! I'm already looking into the next run.
We've had a busy week and haven't taken a lot of pictures recently, but I do have these to post so my mother doesn't kill me for not updating the blog in a week.
Ben finally made it into the tunnels at McDonald's (he's been a bit intimidated by tunnels). Sam just being cute:

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Congratulations on your 5k! I wish I would have known it was today- we would have come to cheer you on.

Prasti said...

hooray! you know, there's a 12k in my old hometown of spokane every may. it's a lot of fun...(bloomsdayrun.org)