Saturday, November 27, 2010

Sisterly bonding

Thanksgiving morning Corrie told me that Old Navy was opening at midnight and selling jeans for $15. Who can pass up $15 jeans??? We had some late night caffeine and headed out at 11:30. We were amazed at how many people showed up. We knew it would be crazy since it was officially "black Friday" but since it was Old Navy, we didn't think it would have the same Target or Kohls craziness (we happened to be across the parking lot from Target where a line was already formed. They still had 4hrs before opening). We were in line around the side of the building--in the rain. Luckily, we were only on line for a couple minutes and got inside in the first rush. We realized we were dealing with professionals when we walked in the store and saw people were already checking out. We only needed about 30minutes to fill our arms and try some things on. Then we saw the check out line. It started at the front of the store, went all the way to the back then made its way back front to the cashiers. We tag teamed and did a little more shopping and trying on while in line (thanks Corrie for your camera creativity)! We thought things were moving quickly, but we actually spent 1.5hrs in line. I'm so glad I had a shopping buddy because it made the line feel so much shorter. In the end, I saved 50% on my purchases. I had a great time, but I think I will stick to our pact to not do that again until 2020!

1 comment:

Corrie said...

Thanks for coming with me! It certainly helped to have the shopping buddy! Until 2020...