Monday, March 19, 2012

A little giggle

My step dad retired last year and 6 months later was setting up a new house 12hrs south of the awful Cleveland winters. They were sick of the cold, sick of the garage door freezing shut and sick of shoveling snow. I wonder if they know Jon has shoveled twice this winter and considered using the snow blower my parents left us one time, but decided we just didn't have enough to warrant the trouble. I wonder if they know Cleveland has had the least amount of snow in a decade. I wonder if they know we haven't worn a coat in weeks or that its going to be 80 tomorrow and Wednesday. I know they are happy in their new home, but every time I look outside I have to giggle just a little!
Its so sunny, they can't even look at me.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Oh trust me, we have been following the weather in Cleveland for quite some time. I look at it this way--it's God's way of messing with us. If we stayed in Cleveland, we probably would have had the snowiest and coldest winter ever. So, in a way, we did everyone in Cleveland a favor by moving. Just watch, one day soon, Wilmington will have 10 degrees and Cleveland will have 80. Oh, did you hear that? God just laughed!! The kids are beautiful, by the way!!