Monday, March 5, 2012

Stop the Insanity

We have officially been training for the half marathon for a month now. I've also just completed the first month of Insanity. For the past 2 or 3 weeks I've woke up with sore shoulders, lower back pain, knee pain, foot pain and toe pain which is steadily getting worse. It takes me a minute or two to stand up and sit down and once I stand up (or get out of bed) I can't walk correctly, or straight for a few minutes. I am always in pain and its getting old. The plus side is I'm starting to lose some weight. I'm down 14lbs in a month and a half. The down side (not counting the constant pain) is my long runs the past two weeks have been horrible. I've been slow, feel like I can't catch my breath and my legs feel like they have 10lb weights on them. I think its time to take a break from the Insanity. While I know that a lot of the pain I have is from the running, I think the extra pounding is making it worse and I'm hoping that by stopping the Insanity workouts I'll feel a bit better and have more stamina to make it through the long runs. I know this is best for my joints, but I hate stopping a work out program (especially one that is working for me) half way through. When you get good advice you just can't ignore it:

No comments: