Friday, June 22, 2012

Don't drink the water

Having four kids is a lot of fun. Its tiring, but fun. However, we are in a rough time for Ben and Sam. Zach and Ellie still take two naps a day. Ellie can sometimes skip her morning nap, but gets really cranky right around lunch time. Zach can sometimes sleep in his car seat (or on me), but he wont sleep long and it takes many minutes of crankiness until he falls asleep.
That means we are home a lot more than they would like. It wasn't so bad when it was cold outside, but now that its summer, they want to go places. They get plenty of back yard time, but its just not the same as hanging out at the park with their friends.
Jon has agreed to let me hire a friends daughter to babysit the babies once a week so I can take the big boys out for some play time. We started this week and headed to the beach. It was so HOT! I was surprised that the beach actually wasn't that crowded. The boys had a blast. They splashed (mostly me), they attempted a sand castle, they ran, they played and Sam drank half of Lake Erie. I asked him if it tasted good and it didn't. I told him not to keep drinking it and he did. His punishment-----he threw up from 8:30pm until 2am. To be fair we do have some sick family and friends so I don't know for sure that it was the lake, but a friends daughter also got sick after drinking the water so I'm guessing that was the problem.
It was great to have some time with my big boys and let them do something they wanted to do with my complete attention. I'm looking forward to a summer full of play dates with my two little men.

1 comment:

Prasti said...

cash got sick and threw up the day after we went to rocky river park. i think it was the water or something there. and then of course whatever that bug was that went through our whole house started either with him or gibson a couple of days after that.

our neighbor had the same bug too, but she caught it from school (she's a school teacher). and aaron's boss had it for a few days and he's an hour away from us! i'm just glad it was fast moving and now over with! hope sam is feeling better and no one else in the house got sick.