Friday, June 1, 2012

Now you see it....

Remember when we first got the van and I hit the pole at the end of our driveway? I hit it because I took the turn too tight so I wouldn't hit the tree on the other side of our driveway. We have the ultimate bumper car driveway. Well, we did. The roots of the tree started pushing up a portion of our driveway and turns out part of it was dead and hollowed out so yesterday, it came down.
The before shot:
4 guys came in 3 big trucks and got to work. We had a guy in a bucket that did the cutting, a crane with a big hook and rope at the end of it that moved the tree pieces and a major wood chipper. The kids (especially Ben) were very excited about the whole process. It took about 1.5hrs and Ben didn't miss any of it.
The tree came down piece by piece.
Each piece got chopped.
The final piece.
The after shot:
They have to come back on Monday to grind the stump and then it will officially be done. No more bumper cars!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Wow, that looks much better. I was always worried I would hit that thing.

Melissa said...

Crazy question, but do you have the pieces or were they hauled away? I'm looking for stumps to make something like this: http://recycledcrafts.craftgossip.com/a-sand-box-made-from-tree-logs/2010/07/06/