Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Reindeer run

We spent Saturday morning running around Lakewood for our 3rd Reindeer run.  Corrie was sick this year, but Jon was nice enough to fill in and be a walker with mom.  
Ben has been wanting to run a race (he just wants a medal).  He was willing to settle for a t shirt instead.  We figured this would be a good race for him.  This is considered a fun run by about 90% of the runners.  We took him out running several times.  He was up to 2 miles walking and running and knew the race would be a little longer, but he said he was ready for the challenge....He was wrong!  Ben and I were running with a friend and his kids.  Jon, Gram and the rest of the kids were walking.  We weren't even half mile in when Ben pooped out.  I was practically dragging him.  He wanted to walk (slowly), he was holding his side and complaining.  I knew this wouldn't work so I called Gram and sent Ben to be a walker with them.
I lost part of the group and ended up finishing the race with an 11 year old.  He wanted to do some walking so we were a bit slower than I expected, but I had a lot of fun seeing what I have to look forward to with Ben.  He and Tyler are a lot alike.  He did manage to sprint over the finish line:
That wore him out though:
Gram got antlers for her and the boys.  Ellie wanted a turn with them:
Everyone crossed the finish line and had a good time.  Only 360 days until next years run!

No comments: