Sunday, August 17, 2014

Essential oils

I've been contemplating essential oils for quite a while. We're not huge medicine people.  A bottle of Tylenol will last at least 9-12 months, but it would be nice to be able to cure many of our ailments naturally.  I have a couple friends that use them and one of the bloggers I follow writes about them quite often.  They all swear by them. We bit the bullet and ordered the starter kit.  It comes with 11 oils and a diffuser.  Of course we easily had about 10 issues last week that the oils would have been perfect for, but I've still been able to put them to good use the past few days.
I had a cold when they arrived.  I put a few oils on before bed and with in 10 minutes I was breathing again and slept hard.  It still took a little while to fall asleep, but once I did, it was good.  Headaches are also a big problem for me.  A few dabs of peppermint and the headache went away.
I'm still mastering all the uses and combinations, and I have 1 or 2 oils outside the kit I'd like to get, but I'm off to a good start.  I'm anxious to put some on the kids and see what kind of results we get with sleep and Sams hyperactivity.

1 comment:

Prasti said...

Very cool! Did you go through YL? I have a friend here that sells them. Not to pry or anything, but have you thought about cutting out food dyes (unless you have already) to help w/ Sam's hyperactivity? I have read from a few places that dyes can attribute to that, though I haven't really dug into the research much.