Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Home

When we moved I told Jon about every 5 minutes how much I loved the new house.  We've lived here 5 months and I still adore our new house.  While I miss how walkable Lakewood is and I definitely miss the porch, I wouldn't want to go back after experiencing Olmsted.  I adore our house. I love that we can all be in the kitchen at the same time and not fall all over each other.  I love that its ok if more than one person has to pee at the same time.  I love that the kids have a basement. Even our currently unfinished basement is 1,000 times better than our Lakewood basement.  I love that Jon can be fixing us football snacks in the kitchen and still be able to watch the game with me at the same time.  I love that we know, and like every person on our short street.  I love that we have kids everywhere of all ages.  I love that I can send the kids out to play until bed time and know they're ok because every parent on the block is looking out for them.  I love that we can take walks/bike rides and not worry about uneven sidewalks or cars coming barreling down the driveways and not looking for kids.  I love that the kids (and us) feel safe here and are happy to run 500 feet ahead of us on our walks.  I love that we can see the stars. I love the quiet, aside from the planes and train whistles, but I love those too.  I love our home.

No comments: