Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Catching up

I know it's been a while, but we've had a busy few days. Here's a little of whats been going on...

Benjamin spent Friday with uncle Aaron, aunt Prasti and Emma (also known as oo A and at Potti--I'm sorry Prasti, we're working on it). Ben had so much fun with them that he had a mega tantrum (the second ever) when Jon went to pick Ben up. I'll tie this in later...

Saturday, we went to Andy and Barbs house. They had a welcome to the world party for Kyler (previously known as Kyle, we got bad info). Ben had a great time playing with his cousins.

Thanks aunt Prasti for the pics. Unfortunately, something Ben ate didn't agree with him. He woke up at 3am screaming because he had just thrown up. We cleaned him and his bed up and he seemed ok and wanted to go back to sleep, so we put him back to bed. About 20 minutes later he threw up again and did so two more times. He was up until about 6am. This was our first real vomit experience. I'm hoping we don't go through that again for a long time.

While Ben was napping on Sunday, I went shopping for a bathing suit. Jon, Ben and I are going on a mini vacation next week to Kalahari. I now know why pregnant women refer to themselves as beached whales! The only good part is I got two bathing suits, both regularly $90 for $27 each. I was very proud of myself. When I got home, Jon headed out to try out extreme frisbee with some friends. Its kind of like football, but with a frisbee. Unfortunately, Jon took another hit and has 2 skinned up knees. His ribs just healed from volleyball!

Monday after work, we all took a trip to the dollar store. We have created Ben's Reward Board. It was recommended to us by a friend I work with and it seems to be a hit with Nanny 911. We are going to start working on a few behaviors we would like to see improved (like the mega tantrum). Hopefully, once he sees good behavior equals fun, we'll all be a little bit happier and calmer.
We were going to show this to Ben Tuesday night, but Jon took his turn at getting sick. He was up all Monday night and spent the majority of Tuesday in bed. Luckily, he is feeling much better today so I think we'll introduce Ben to the board tonight. Lets hope he gets it!

No comments: