Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Its official

We had a doctors apt today and have officially scheduled the c-section. We will be delivering October 15th at approximately 3:30pm at Fairview Hospital.
I'm very excited, but now that its official, I'm getting nervous. We still have a lot to do. We also had a chat with the doctor about some of the problems we had with Ben. Apparently the rules have changed since Ben was born. The only way for a baby to be born before the 39th week (that is not in distress) is if the doctor went to the Western Region Board and petitioned for permission to do so. She cant even deliver us at 38 weeks, 6 days--they are that strict. She couldn't believe that our previous doctor made it a habit to deliver after aversions at 37.5 weeks. It makes me sick that we trusted her and went along with her without doing more research and talking to anyone. It seems like everyone knew how crazy she was except us. At the same time, I can see where people get in trouble. She was a doctor. She should know best and we took her word for it. It makes me feel so much better that she cant put any more kids in the NICU unnecessarily!

4 comments:

Prasti said...

we're putting the date on the calendar!

you'd think that you should be able to trust your own dr., but it never hurts to be an informed pt. in case you get a wacko person treating you
:).

Anonymous said...

Remind me tonight to tell you about the issues I've had with her office lately - and issues some other people we know have had. Once I get beyond all this follow up stuff - I'm switching to someone new!!! Uhg!!! See you tonight! - Trish

Anonymous said...

Oh!! p.s. - Congrats on the date confirmation!! At least it isn't at the crack of dawn this time! :O) -Trish (again)

Melissa said...

Yeah baby! I'm so happy to hear about the rule changes. Hopefully, that will help prevent many unnecessary complications for both moms and babies. Only 55 days to go!!