Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

Well, Jon was at our polling location bright and early at 6:30am. There was actually a line. There is never a line at this location. I went after Jon got back and the line continued to grow. I'm excited to see just how many people are getting out to vote. Its 8am and Good Morning America is already showing lines stretching as far as the eye can see in many states. As exciting as it is, I'm glad its basically over. The commercials, the phone calls, people knocking on our door all day long, the lawn signs etc are getting old. I'm looking forward to some peace again. I think the only thing I'll miss are all the debates with Jon. We don't agree on some things and have had many, many "discussions" to try to sway the other to our side. I don't think either of us succeeded! While I know that we don't need an election to state our case on the hot topics, we just don't seem to have the drive to do so during non-election times.

On a more lighthearted note, Ben has been all about drumming and singing lately. The only problem is, as soon as he sees the camera, he stops what he's doing and says, "cheese." We haven't been able to get the full effect on video. Here is a small sample of how he's been entertaining us. This was towards the end of his production so we missed the intensity on his face that he first showed along with the power and volume of his drumming! I don't think Sam fully appreciates his brothers skill yet!!

1 comment:

Prasti said...

absentee ballots, baby!