Thursday, November 20, 2008

The magic touch

Tuesday night was not a good night for Sam. At 3am, I realized I only had a half hour of sleep. Sam would fall asleep, I'd leave the room, get settled in bed and 10 minutes later he'd be crying again. Last night we went to a friends for dinner to meet his new girlfriend who, by the way, was great. I had a very small glass of wine (my second in about a year). Jon put Sam down around 11pm (its usually a team effort or just me putting him to bed) and at 4am, I woke up and realized I hadn't heard a peep out of him. Jon checked him and he was sound asleep. He woke up an hour later, ate and went right back to sleep. I had to wake him up at 9am to eat again. So was it exhaustion from the night before, did I "drug" my son with the wine, or does dad have the magic touch?? I'm going to go with the dad option. I'm making Jon put Sam to bed again tonight. Lets hope we have the same response. If not, I'm heading to the liquor store tomorrow!!

Today was play group day. I had 2 camera batteries with me and, of course, both were dead. So, no pics from today. The kids seemed to have a good time. Prasti was a great host and was ready with a coloring/craft area. Ben spent most of his time on the play phone and vacuuming. It occurred to us that with the latest prego (congrats Melissa) that in July we will have 11 kids in our play group! That's just with the regulars. Its so exciting to see all these babies and anticipating the 4 that are coming next year. It almost makes me want to have #3, but I think we have a long, long way to go for that!

No comments: