Monday, July 13, 2009

Remember when

For the most part it doesn't seem like there was ever a time when we didn't have kids. I vaguely remember I had to get up early every day and work, but that seems like so long ago. However, one thing I do remember pretty clearly are weekends. There was a time when Jon and I would sleep in until 9am. We would make the long journey from the bed to the couch and think of what we wanted to do that day. Cartoons with breakfast. Maybe a movie, putt putt or even bowling. If we wanted, we could just sit on the couch all day long, which we sometimes did. All of the sudden the weekends are gone. Sleeping in has been replaced by a 6:30 feeding and a toddler wanting to watch Special Agent Oso with his pop tart and milk. Relaxing on the couch lasts as long as Bens attention span which is usually about 10minutes. Impromptu trips to anywhere have been replaced with day trips revolving around Ben, kids birthday parties, home improvement projects, errands etc etc etc. I spend most Sunday nights wondering where the weekend went and trying to figure out when Jon and I will have time to sit down together to just relax. I wouldn't trade my kids for anything, but one day it would be nice to have a weekend again.

1 comment:

Scott Purdum said...

anytime you want a weekend - you can count on Gram and Pap to take the kids!!!!! No worries!!!

Love ya.
MOM