Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Beautiful morning

The weather was absolutely beautiful this morning so we took advantage and headed to the park. The kids were great. Ben willingly got on the "big boy" swing for like the first time ever. He's working on pumping his legs, but still needs a lot of pushing. Sam was a walking machine. He took 12 steps by himself today and would have kept going if the swings weren't in the way. They had a great time out with their friends.
I think we finally have a decision about the bed room vs the play room. I know you've been on the edge of your seats waiting for this one! The lego room has been cleared out and even though I really wanted to make it into a play room, one thing kept coming back to haunt me. Being able to close the boys in Bens room when I need to take a shower or something along those lines is huge for me. I know they are safe. With the way the stairs are in the lego room, even if we get a gate, I don't think I would feel completely confident about leaving them alone up there. We are going to work on turning it into our bedroom this weekend. Our current bedroom will become the new play room. Maybe when the kids are a bit more stable, we'll consider switching things around again and turning it into a play room. I think the kids would have a blast up there. Don't tell Jon I said that though!

No comments: