Monday, May 10, 2010

Boys room

We decided a while ago that someday Sam and Ben would share a room. Bens room is big enough, they love being together and I think they'll have a lot of fun with it. Since the arrival date of our girl is completely up in the air, we decided to move Sam into Bens room now so they have time to adjust before we throw the stress of a sister into the mix.
We borrowed a crib from a friend to move Sam into until he is ready for a big boy bed. We set it up Friday night. Sam was a little upset, but it actually went a bit better than I thought it would. Both boys were asleep after about 45minutes. Sam didn't sleep well that night, but he's had worse nights in his room. Their first nap together was awful. They both fell asleep after almost 3 hours of fighting and crying. By then, it was time to get up and neither were happy. We get a little better each day. They are taking longer to fall asleep, but they are getting sleep. They both slept till 8:40 this morning and the first sounds I heard from them were giggles.

Making this move means we are close to getting our girl, but I'm a little sad for Sam. We set up the nursery specifically for our boy. My step dad painted animals on the walls for him. We spent way too much time picking out a rocking chair for all those late nights with Sam. That room has been his for 18months and in 1 day he lost it to make room for someone who isn't even here yet. I'm sure after a week or two they will both start to think of it as their room, not just Bens, but almost everything in their has just been Bens. I hope Sam doesn't feel like a permanent visitor in there.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I always loved sharing a room with my sister. Even after we moved to a bigger house, and we each had our own, we could usually be found camped out on the floor together in the morning. I bet the boys will only grow closer with this arrangement.