Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Busy

It feels like the past week has flown by. The majority of our time has been spent cleaning. We have turned the 3rd floor (formerly the play room) into the master bedroom. It is AWESOME!!! Its a little strange sleeping somewhere new and I feel like I can't hear whats going on in the rest of the house (which isn't always a bad thing), but its roomy, the new air conditioner works perfectly and I think its going to be a great escape!
Our old bedroom is the new play room. The boys definitely got the short end of the stick, but Ben did NOT want to leave his bedroom so he is happy. Sam is what ever Ben is, so its worked out for him too. We couldn't fit all the toys in there so we had to purge a bit which always makes me happy. I think I've finally given up on Sam taking a nap (he hasn't had one in a couple weeks) so the boys have the play room which connects to the bedroom to play in for "rest time." For now Ellie is staying where she is. The baby will be with us for a while. I'm guessing we will reevaluate the kids room situation in the spring, but I think this plan will work out well for now. On top of the moves, we have done major purging in my closet, the basement and storage areas. The living room is still filled with toys and furniture we have no room for elsewhere, but in just a few short years, we'll be able to get rid of baby stuff and live like grown ups again!! I think I'm finally starting to feel ready for a baby. We just have to get through this weekend. My baby brother is getting married to an amazing woman.
Last weekend, I took a break from cleaning and moving to take Ellie and my very pregnant self shopping with my mom to buy a new outfit for the rehearsal and wedding. It was a nice day, but I'm really looking forward to being able to see my feet again! While we were shopping Jon took the boys to Chuck E Cheese's for the very first time. I don't know how we avoided it for the first 5 years of Bens life, but something tells me it will now be a regular part of our lives.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Like Mommy, like boys!!! You used to love that place!~!