Thursday, February 9, 2012

Update

Last month I posted about 3 goals (not resolutions) for the new year. The first was striving to be a more peaceful parent. I'm happy to say that, for the most part, I've been doing better. With everyone getting sick, we developed a bit of cabin fever and had a few tense moments. However, we took some time off school. Swimming has helped the boys get out some extra energy and Jon has done a great job of reminding me Ben is 5 and its basically his job to not listen and drive me crazy! I still have work to do, but every day is a step closer to a happier family.

The second goal is reading my Bible every day. I admit I haven't kept up with reading it every day. In my defense my Bible study is now meeting weekly instead of bi-weekly. Since I'm leading it, I am spending more time reading the material. I'm spending a lot of time figuring out how to get the main points across, starting discussions and applying the outcomes to our daily lives. While I haven't done the best job of keeping up with my Bible reading, I am definitely spending more time in His word.

The third goal is the half marathon. Training has officially started. I am running 4 times a week with 2 amazing women (with 2 more potentially joining us). It absolutely sucks starting over, but I'm excited to know we're getting better and stronger each day and we are one step closer to the finish line and our Mongolian BBQ reward dinner. On top of the running, Jon and I are doing Insanity. Its a workout program heavy on the cardio. Its supposed to be a great plan to help increase your endurance. Just what I need to help in half marathon training! We are on day 4 and lets just say it lives up to its name!
Tonight is the last night of swimming in this session. Ben is considering soccer for the spring instead of swimming.
Zach is still working on his neck muscles and spends most of his day showing off his sweet side!
I think we can officially call Ellie a walker. She isn't 100% stable yet, but she is walking everywhere and loving it.

No comments: