Friday, July 13, 2012

Tantrum

Many of you know Ellie has been all about the tantrums lately. I think she is extremely frustrated she can't communicate with us yet and the result are many, many (many) meltdowns. She is spitting, throwing things, hitting and doing a lot of screaming. On days when she has a significant amount of tantrums, she's started doing something new. She will get so upset that she does a big build up to her cry (you know when you look at your kid and say, "breathe Ellie") so big that her lips turn blue. Then every now and then she gives an added bonus of just falling over. She just falls, she doesn't put her arms out to brake her fall, she just falls over. I was talking to a friend last night, who informed me her kid did the same thing when he was little. Turns out she's not just falling, she's passing out. I looked it up on line and its totally Ellie. They call them breath holding spells. Its not intentional (for the most part), it only lasts a few seconds and I can't do anything about it. She should grow out of this between age 4-6. I feel bad I thought she was just being difficult. Although, if she didn't get so worked up about absolutely everything, this really wouldn't be happening. I feel the need to blame Corrie for her temper--yet one more thing she's passed down to Ellie. You're really lucky we love you so much!

1 comment:

Corrie said...

Poor thing. And poor mama for having to deal with these tempers. I pray for her to outgrow these soon.

It is a well known fact (or at least family lore) that the temper gets passed down from auntie to niece. So I apologize for the trouble for now and hope that stubborn temper streak helps her grow to be a strong and vibrant lady.