Thursday, August 29, 2013

Lucky number 7

2006
My first baby turned 7 today.  Its amazing how fast 7 years go by.  I remember the NICU like it was yesterday.  I remember how the lights were always dimmed.  I can still smell the soap we had to wash our hands with before we could go inside.  Once inside, it had its own distinct smell. It wasn't bad, but its not something I've smelled before or since.  I remember the machines constantly going off for Ben and the tiny baby next to him.  They all had a different sound.  I remember walking in, turning to the right and going to the second "bed" multiple times a day for that week and a half.  It was the longest week and a half ever.  
2013
Now hes 7.  He loves the Avengers and Skylanders.  He is so smart, but usually lacks common sense which always drives me crazy.  He prefers apples to french fries.  He loves potty humor and going to any park with his friends. He loves crepes and crab legs and never passes up a chance to hang out/cuddle with dad.  He is tall and ridiculously skinny.  He thinks Sam is annoying, but is crazy about Zach and Ellie.  He'll play Uno with anyone who will sit down with him and will play for hours as long as he is winning!  Hes crazy sweet and helpful as long as a sense of urgency isn't required!  He is amazing....and he needs to stop having birthdays!  

2 comments:

Corrie said...

Happy Birthday Ben! Love you!

Prasti said...

Happy birthday, Ben. Did you get the video I texted you for him?

That potty humor must be a genetic trait...from the Purdum side. Ha!

Also, Ty used to not like french fries when he was a kid. Funny.