Monday, December 23, 2013

Never mind

Things sure do change quickly around here.  One minute our house is sold, the next minute its not.  We got a call from our realtor last night that the buyers have decided to back out of the deal.  
We found out last week that they looked at our house before they were prequalified and didn't really know how much they could afford.  They were approved for $5k less than we were asking for on the house.  We accepted on the condition that they paid closing costs.  They said yes, but apparently the fact that they had nothing left for any repairs that might be needed (or anything else) was weighing on them.  Of course we found this out only a few hours after we heard that our offer was accepted on the house in Strongsville.  
That deal was contingent on our deal so now both houses are back on the market. 
I was disappointed last night and still am a little bit, but overall I'm doing better than I thought I would.  I really liked the fact that the house was 5 minutes from Jons office and I REALLY liked the kitchen, but I still prefer Lakewood.  I just have to assume that a better house will be waiting for us when we finally sell our house...for real next time.  

No comments: