Thursday, January 9, 2014

Finally thawing

The past week in Cleveland has been a rough one.  We were hit with several inches of blowing and drifting snow and then a few days later we were hit with sub zero temps with wind chills anywhere from 30-50 below zero.  I'm not sure how much snow we actually got because of all the drifting.  Some spots only had 3 or 4 inches, some had almost 2 feet.  
We were stuck inside for much longer than the kids would have liked. We had a pipe start to freeze and my car completely froze shut.  We ventured out for the first time yesterday.  All the doors were frozen and it took 20 minutes to get the layer of ice off the window. Thankfully, we are back above 0 and a heat wave is coming our way. We should be in the 40's this weekend.  It was nice having Jon home for all but one day of our crazy weather to help with the restlessness. We're slowly falling back into our routine of school, play dates and Jon going to work every day.  

The only good thing (I think) that came out of all of this is we have a chance of seeing the northern lights tonight.  A sun flare mixing with the polar vortex blah, blah, science, science is making this possible.  I'd like to see them before I die.  Its great that I might be able to see them from my back yard!

No comments: