Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Train time

Jon won a train ride with the Cuyahoga Valley Rail Way. Not only was it a train ride, but a wine tasting trip! My first thought when hearing this was semi classy, grown up kind of night.  I was very wrong!  We sat down and the announcements started.  They planned music, dancing, drinking and lots of disorderly conduct. 
We "sampled" 5 south american wines and had an hours d' oeuvre to go with each wine. I've never been to a wine tasting where a sample consisted of a full glass of wine and refills if you like, but we went with the flow. The wines were good, but I think I was expecting a little more exotic flavors.  The food was ok, if you like your food to look like doll hair.
Once we got into the swing of things, it actually turned out to be a fun night.  It probably would've been boring if we didn't have the music and dancing.
I would definitely do it again, but I would definitely bring a (spit) bucket next time!

No comments: