Saturday, January 25, 2014

No bites

We've officially had the house on the market for 1 month. We've had a ridiculous amount of showings and have received all kinds of feedback.  The house is too big, the rooms are too small.  They don't like the kitchen, they don't want to live by a duplex.  My wife loves it, but I don't.  My husband loves it, but I don't want to live in Lakewood.  You name it, we've heard it.  We dropped the price by $5k.  We wont go any lower than that right now.  Once we sell the house, we'll lose close to $20k in realtor fees, taxes and insurance.  It wont be worth selling the house if we can't at least break even.  I was hoping since the market is smaller in winter, we'd have an easier time selling. Lakewood is full of 3 bedroom houses with less square feet, but apparently nicer kitchens.  The nicer kitchens seem to be winning.  I know its only been a month and I know it will be perfect for someone, I just wish we'd find them sooner than later.  Although, there's still nothing out there that we like so we'd be in a jam if we did sell the house now.  Its great to have to luxury of not being rushed or in a must sell situation.  I want our next house to be it for us and I'm happy to be extremely picky and wait for the perfect house.  For now, we'll keep the house much cleaner than the kids would like and say a little prayer every time someone comes through and we'll trust that God is getting our perfect house ready for us.

2 comments:

Mom said...

can you contact the people who were interested in it the first day it was on the market? weren't they $5K short....might be an option for them now.

Prasti said...

I totally agree on the kitchen thing! People seem to prefer the nicer kitchens, but smaller home/number bedrooms over the overall size of the house...AND it was like 10K less than what we were asking. LAME! Have you heard of the HGTV-syndrome/effect? I read some article that said that many buyers have higher expectations when looking for a house now, because they watch those HGTV house shows. They want the nice this, and the nice that, for a great price, and expect a pretty much turn-key ready house...thanks to HGTV.