Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Crazy, but true

We took Benjamin to the doctor today. She determined that he has a virus that causes a temporary lactose intolerance! He wasn't eating because he didn't feel good. We would give him some cheese or yogurt so he would have something in his stomach. Then he would get upset and we would give him milk to help calm him down. That was actually making him worse. We have to cut out dairy for about a week and let the virus run its course and then slowly reintroduce it.
She said it's actually very common in children. After talking to the doctors I work with, I found out its actually common in adults too, it just presents a little differently. He did better tonight. He's still a little fussy, but I think the worst is over.

We went to the library tonight for story time (sorry, I forgot the camera). We read, sang songs, blew bubbles and did a little dancing. Ben loved the bubbles, but I don't think he got as much out of it as he could since he was a bit under the weather. Its a weekly event so I think he'll have a much better time next week.

No comments: