Thursday, January 10, 2008

Play time

Benjamin and I went to The Lakewood Play Room today. Its 2 rooms filled with toys and kids. I thought it might be a good time to get Benjamin playing with more kids on a regular basis so he can break out of his shell a little bit. For the first hour, Benjamin wouldn't consider getting out of my lap. He played with some Lego's and checked out all the kids running around. Their were about 15-20 other kids and each one had a parent so there was a lot of activity. When he finally got the courage to get out of my lap and start exploring, he ignored all the toys and headed straight for the lamp! He eventually left me behind to go play with some toys and hang out with some other kids.




Thanks to aunt Prasti for helping us find some play areas. I think we're going to check out another play room next Wed. We were going to go yesterday, but the weather was still nice so we took a walk to grandma's office instead. She's only about a 5 minute walk away, but when you're with a 16 mo old boy, that 5 minutes turned into a 25 minute walk. We watched lots of leaves float around (it was pretty windy), we tried to reach the street lights and were fascinated with the walk/don't walk signs. Benjamin got to meet some of his fans and grandma let him play with the light switches in a conference room. It doesn't get much better than that! The walk home was just as fascinating, he flirted with a jogger and flirted with some sales ladies while we were window shopping. I think my plans for him to not date until he's 30 are shot!

No comments: