Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Germ fest

When we went to visit Kyle, Aylah had a cold. Ben and Aylah played together, but did a decent job of staying far enough apart that I was hoping she would keep her germs to herself. Of course, shortly before we left, Aylah went up to Ben and gave him a big kiss on the lips! I new we were doomed. Ben slowly started getting sick over the weekend. His nose is the biggest problem. Its been running quite a bit. Other than some crankiness, it hasn't been too bad. However, now I'm sick! I'm pretty sure I got sick when I was pregnant with Ben, but I just don't remember it being this difficult. I called my doctor to verify what I can take. The top 2 meds were Tylenol cold and sinus and Sudafed. I couldn't just leave it alone and trust my doctor. I did the very thing I yell at all of our patients for doing---I looked it up on the internet. I found several articles that said, regarding Sudafed, "...only take this medication if the benefits outweigh the risks." Who in their right mind would take it after reading that???? I didn't see much regarding Tylenol, but I did find the 2 drugs you must stay away from while you're pregnant. They're long and hard to pronounce, so I'm not going to bother. Guess what Tylenol and every other decongestant contain....you guessed it, at least one of the 2 drugs you must avoid! I talked to a pharmacist who spent a lot of time looking up meds and going through the isle with me. Unfortunately, all she could come up with is Saline Nasal Spray. Are you thinking what I was thinking---whats the point? I got it anyway and as I suspected, its done nothing. So, I've taken over Bens crankiness and lack of sleep and am hoping it will run its course quickly. Poor Jon, who almost never gets sick, just called to say he feels it starting. We're going to load him up with meds and hopefully stop it before it starts.

Heres a cute pic of Ben pre cold.
P.S.
Huge congrats to our friends who are expecting another baby. Its in the water out here!

No comments: