Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year, 2009

Happy 2009. We hope everyone had a great night last night. Jon cooked us an amazing steak dinner with shrimp on the side. We don't do that very often so it was a great treat. After dinner we headed over to the Calaways for some fun and games. Everyone came out a winner, but I have to point out that the women won "The Battle of the Sexes" (not that there was ever any doubt)! Ben took over Todd and Debbies room and slept right through the ball drop. Sam woke up with 2 minutes to spare and was awake for his first new year.
In between the games we took a few moments to reflect on all that we were thankful for in 2008 and what we're looking forward to in 2009. I was amazed at how long our lists got. You forget all the wonderful things that happen in a year. We're grateful to have been so blessed. We hope you get everything you want out of 2009.


P.S.
You might recall that exactly 1 year ago I predicted that by today I would be a, "regular snow bunny." Well, lets just say I should have stuck to my original statement of not making resolutions. You might be surprised to know this, but I have some control issues ( I know---shocker). I've decided that skiing doesn't give me enough control and it's just not something I'm interested in being proficient in. I'm back to my original stance of no more resolutions!

No comments: