Saturday, September 19, 2009

Happy wedding

My old boss, and good friend, Jill got married today. They had a small ceremony with family then invited friends to join them for drinks. Jill was stunning and looked happier than I've ever seen her. I'm so happy for the newlyweds and wish them lots of happiness.
Tonight, Lakewood High School hosted the annual Marching Band Invitational Festival. 8 local high school bands performed a few songs for a larger crowd than I expected. Sam seemed to like watching the show, but it went past his bed time so we didn't stay for the whole thing. We did get to see Strongsvilles show. A Strongsville tradition is the trombone suicide (formerly the tuba/trombone suicide---I guess the tubas couldn't handle it anymore). I'm no expert, but I think its cool to watch. My husband, the band geek, thinks its cheesy. Judge for yourselves:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so i totally use to do that with my trumpet in high school band (video)....now my inner band geek is revealed! -stacey