Friday, September 4, 2009

They're baaack

I've mentioned this in the past, but I love Labor Day. Fall is right around the corner as well as football. But most of all, I love being able to sit on my porch and watch the planes rehearse for the air show. They showed up briefly yesterday, and have been flying by all afternoon today. We actually made the brilliant decision to go to Jons office for a picnic today. We saw a ton of regular planes, but then we got a real treat. One of the military planes did 3 fly bys before landing. I'm always amazed at how loud they are. The boys loved it. It landed right in front of us. The video doesn't come close to doing justice to what we saw today (as you might imagine from my comment, sorry boys).


We weren't in our normal spot today so we could hear the planes before we could see them. Ben was listening for another plane to go by:

Sam loves the swings at play group:
Many of you know I recently started running. I set a goal of a 5k before Sams birthday. I found a race in Lakewood next month and I am now officially registered. I've got 1 month to get ready so I don't completely embarrass myself. Send some positive thoughts my way!

3 comments:

Corrie said...

Too cool! I actually clicked on your blog from another, and the pic that showed up on the blog was that of Ben in his sunglasses (that's what I thought you were talking about with the title "they're back!")

Prasti said...

if gibson wasn't attached to me i'd run w/ you. have fun! perhaps a half marathon is in the horizon?

Melissa said...

We went to the park with grandma and got to see some of the planes down by the lake. Best wishes on your 5k- you go girl!