Sunday, January 3, 2010

Kisses

I took the boys out for bagels Saturday morning. Einsteins usually has some good coupons so we go there once every week or two. We have a routine that ends with the boys sitting at the table and me in line getting our food. While I'm in line, Ben will scream across the restaurant, "hey mama" when I look, he blows me a kiss. As he was blowing me kisses on Saturday, Sam got in on the action and started blowing them. He's been a kissing fool for the past 2 days, until we get the camera out. Jon managed to get a couple quick kisses on video. Its much better in person. It looks like he's trying to escape the camera and does a couple quick ones just so he can get away. Regardless, he's still adorable!

There have been many days recently that I've wanted to send Ben back.....to anywhere. Tonight he made me really glad we kept him. Before bedtime, we had a very brief conversation about him getting a sister in a long time. I told him he would be her big brother and he would have to protect her. He said he would do that. Everyone is asleep now, except Ben of course, and he started crying. After he calmed down, we were talking and out of no where he asked me if I would protect his sister with him. I said yes. Ben told me that she doesn't like dinosaurs and she would cry if they roared. He said he'll tell all the dinosaurs to be quiet and then tell them to go home so his sister wont be scared. Some days I can't get over how precious he is!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Awe. What a wonderful big brother.
And as for sending them back, maybe we should all just trade kids for a day. They seem to be perfect angels for other people. ;o)