Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Daniel fast

Jon started the Daniel fast yesterday. For 10 days he is eating mainly fruits and vegetables. He can have some other foods like salad (no dressing), potatoes (dry) or certain kinds of pasta. Its very strict though. No sugar, caffeine, anything that comes from an animal, processed or bleached grains. Check here for all the restrictions. I am doing it with him for dinner as my way of supporting him. Dinner last night was ....interesting. We had salad, brown rice and vegetables. It wasn't bad, but it was in no way satisfying. By 9pm, I was starving. I don't know how Jon did it all day.
The boys and I headed to West Side Market today and got a ton of fruit and some veggies for Jon. We made a HUGE fruit salad. Hopefully this will spice tonights dinner up a little bit. After we add in apples and bananas, we'll have about 12 different fruits in there. It looks delicious. Too bad we can't add some ice cream, chocolate and whipped cream on there!
I'm so proud of you baby. You're doing great.

1 comment:

kristenfeola said...

Hi! Just wanted to let you know about my blog, which provides recipes and devotions for people doing the Daniel Fast. Perhaps it will encourage you and give you ideas for your husband!

www.thosewhohunger.blogspot.com