Saturday, October 18, 2008

Welcome to the world

After the longest 9 months ever, we finally welcomed Samuel John into the world on Wednesday. He was born at 4:01pm by c-section. He weighed in at 8lbs 1oz and was 20 inches long (Ben was 7lbs 7oz and also 20 in). He is completely healthy and absolutely perfect. He has a full head of dark brown hair with some blond highlights. The surgery went pretty smoothly. They set up a mirror for me so I could watch the whole thing. It was kind of gross, but very cool at the same time. After Sam came out, my doctor gave me an anatomy lesson. She showed me my uterus, ovaries and fallopian tubes!
We picked Sa
muel because we loved the name. We have no family or friend connection to the name. We got a 2 for 1 deal with the middle name. My step dads middle name is John and Jon's papaw was a John.
We came home today. He's so little he barely fits in the car seat. He looks like he's being swallowed up! He lost some weight. He's down to 7lbs 5oz. We have to keep an eye on him to make sure he doesn't lose anymore. The boy has been eating almost non stop so hopefully, that wont be an issue!

Jon has been amazing the past few days. I'm still completely sore and unable to move or lift a lot. He's been taking great care of all of us.
Ben is slowly warming up. He's given Sam a few kisses and comments when the baby cries or is sleeping, but he still hasn't completely warmed up to the idea of a brother. His tantrums are getting better, but very slowly!
Here is our newest member...




1 comment:

Melissa said...

Congratulations!! What a little sweetie pie. We can't wait to meet him! Let me know if you need help!!!