Thursday, April 22, 2010

Date night

Jon and I have started a date night with the kids. Last night Jon took Ben out and I took Sam out. In 2 weeks we are going to go out again, but we are going to switch kids. We love family time, but we think its important for the kids to have one on one time with us. On top of all the obvious benefits, I'm hoping this will make the transition to three kids a little easier for them.
Jon took Ben to the Metro Parks and went for a hike on one of the trails. They saw a raccoon eating worms, they counted rings on an old tree and skipped rocks on the water. It sounds like they had a lot of fun.
Sam and I kept it low key. We walked to a field and did some exploring. Sam practiced walking in the grass. After that, we went to Aladdins and shared a smoothie then went for a walk. We snuggled on the porch and did some people watching before we called it a night. Since I had the camera, I got all the pictures.

2 comments:

Mom said...

What wonderful parents you are.

Melissa said...

Sounds like everyone had a great time. I bet they both enjoyed the 1:1 time.