Saturday, October 16, 2010

Apples

A friend of mine told me about an apple orchard in Medina that they recently went to for some apple picking. I've never done that before, and it sounded like something the kids would enjoy, so we grabbed Aaron, Prasti and kids and headed out to Pick N Save apple orchard this morning. We spent close to an hour walking through the rows of trees searching for the best apples. Many were short enough so all the kids could help with the picking. We ended up with 24lbs of Melrose apples. They are absolutely delicious. We'll have plenty to keep around for snacks, but I also plan to make apple sauce and an apple pie--my first attempt at both.
The orchard also has some chickens and a horse that the kids enjoyed "talking" to (they basically just made a bunch of noises at them).
I think we all had a fun time. The best part is that these apples will last for months. We'll be able to enjoy our trip for a long time.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

What fun! We really enjoy going to Pick n Save. I know that they can last for months, but with my girls, they didn't even last a week! So good.