Saturday, October 2, 2010

Corrie the runner

When Corrie came back from Idaho, she told me that she started running--just a little. She had a goal to run a 5k and it worked out that 3 weeks later was the Natures Bin 5k in Lakewood. That happened to be my first 5k last year. Corrie spent the last three weeks training and even motivated another friend to start running.
Today was the big day. It was cold and it rained on us the entire time, but we ran together and Corrie, Betsy, Lisa and our new friend, Leah finished their first 5k with their fastest time ever! I'm so proud of them. I'm so glad I got to run with Courtney again and I'm so excited about having more running buddies this winter!
Great job Corrie---you killed it!PS We're coming for you next Debbie!!

3 comments:

Corrie said...

Thanks Jenna! For pushing us when we needed it, for reminding us to keep breathing, for slowing down when we were overwhelmed, and for keeping our pace when I know you could have gone faster.

It was so great to run all together. An awesome morning and I'm proud of ALL of us!

Melissa said...

Yay! Congrats to all of you!

Scott Purdum said...

I am so proud of all of you - and especially the Purdum girls - Love you... Dad Purdum