Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Looking better

I went back to the house in Olmsted Twp with Corrie and a good friend of mine yesterday.  I needed a fresh set of eyes to point out pros and cons and give their opinion. They really liked the house.
One concern was the outside of the house.  I thought it was a bit busy.  They pointed out that all the houses have something going on like that.  So while its odd, they're all odd.  They also loved the kitchen and thought the 2nd floor laundry was amazing.  They pointed some things out that I didn't think of the first time around and really got me feeling even better about the house.
On our way out we saw a neighbor and started picking her brain about the neighborhood, while in the freezing cold. She was a trooper.  She really made me feel better about being in Olmsted Twp.  While they don't have all the excitement of Lakewood (but really we're just not going to find another Lakewood), they have a real sense of community there.  Everyone seems to know everyone and kids are everywhere, and I mean everywhere!  They also have a crazy amount of family/kid events every week.  It was great to hear and made me feel a lot better about being so far away from "civilization."  We're going back 1 last time on Sat to check out a few more things.  We're also going to look at one other house then make a decision. I'm really looking forward to Saturday!

No comments: