Saturday, February 22, 2014

Offer

We went to look at the house in Ridgeville this morning.  I was really nervous last night.  I had just got used to the idea of living in Olmsted Twp.  Its a city I know little about and didn't imagine living in, but it was really growing on me. I was afraid I would really like the Ridgeville house and then be really torn.  Like I said before, the idea of living out there hasn't grown on me even with the perks of lower taxes and being on a cul de sac.  
When we walked in, I knew almost instantly that it wasn't the house for us.  It was nice, but it was bland. The bedrooms were smaller, the basement wasn't as nice and I just knew.  I was relieved to be standing in the middle of the basement and hear Jon say he didn't like it better than the Olmsted house.  
We headed back to the Olmsted house and did another walk through.  Gram was with us this time so we showed her around and were able to enjoy seeing her reaction to this house versus the other.  Corrie came out again and was also able to give some great, new perspectives this time through.  
I'm starting to picture our furniture there, the little things we need to buy, the kids riding bikes in the summer. I'm getting excited.  We made an offer, they countered and we accepted!  We bought a house today. 

1 comment:

Mom said...

Congrats! Can't wait to see it.